116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Defense attorneys called Cristhian Bahena Rivera to testify in his murder trial on Wednesday, and they rested their case soon after.
Closing statements will begin Thursday morning.
Watch a replay of the livestream in the video player above.
Read highlights from Bahena Rivera’s testimony:
The defense continued to present its case Wednesday, the sixth day of testimony in the trial for Bahena Rivera, charged with first-degree murder in Mollie Tibbetts’ slaying.
Video recap of Day 5, including boyfriend’s testimony:
Bahena Rivera, 26, faces life in prison if convicted of the stabbing death, which inflamed anger over illegal immigration since he was a Mexican national living illegally in the United States.
• Day 5 testimony: Defense paints murder suspect as hard-working immigrant
• Day 3 testimony: Analyst: Blood in Bahena Rivera’s trunk came from Mollie Tibbetts
• Day 2 testimony: Officer: Bahena Rivera admitted killing Mollie Tibbetts
• Day 1 testimony: Tibbetts’ boyfriend denies role in her slaying
• Timeline: The disappearance and death of Mollie Tibbetts