Mermaids are mythical creatures that excite the imagination. From early explorers sailing the ocean, to cartoon movies, mermaids excite us with possibilities for what lies beneath the waves. Although there is no evidence mermaids exist, you can make your own mermaid friends using a toilet paper roll, glue, scissors and markers.
How to make a mermaid
1. Toilet paper mermaids are easy to make. First, collect your supplies. You don’t need much, but get creative. If you have stickers or glitter or jewels add those to the pile.
2. Using a marker or pencil, trace out a mermaid tail on colored paper. Cut out the tail and a strip of paper that you want to use for the mermaid’s body. Cut out long thin strips of colored paper for your mermaid’s hair.
3. Decorate the tail and the body with fish scales. If you have glitter, feel free to add some sparkle. Use the marker to draw eyes and nose on the toilet paper roll for your mermaid’s face.
4. Wrap the paper around the toilet paper and make it stick with some glue. Glue the tail to the body. Then, add some hair, jewels and other accessories. You can cut out tiny seashells to make her outfit more fun.
5. If you have enough toilet paper rolls, you can make an ocean of mermaids to play with.