116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
The Iowa City Parks and Recreation Department will offer families a variety of outdoor recreational activities this coming season.
Registration for these summer programs will begin at 8 a.m. on April 29. Programs include STEAM classes, wilderness programs, youth sports, and swim lessons.
Participants are encouraged to enroll online. In-person registration will be held at Mercer Park Aquatic Center, 2701 Bradford Dr., Monday to Friday from 6:15 a.m. to 8:45 p.m. The Robert A. Lee Recreation Center currently is closed and will not be accepting any in-person registrations.
The summer recreation guide will be released in a digital format on April 19 and can be viewed at www.icgov.org/activityregistration.
How to register
• Online registration: Visit www.icgov.org/activityregistration or click on the "online registration" button at www.icgov.org/pr.
• In-person registration: Visit the Mercer Park Aquatic Center & Scanlon Gym to register in person.
COVID program guidelines
The following COVID-related precautions will be taken when conducting programs.
• Program size will be limited.
• The program format will be instructional-based to allow for social distancing.
• All equipment will be sanitized before each program.
• Participants and instructors will have temperatures taken before each program.
• Instructors and participants are required to wear masks.
To keep up with all the Iowa City Parks and Recreation news and announcements, follow them on Facebook.
For more information, contact the Parks and Recreation Customer Service Desk at (319) 356-5100.