116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
CEDAR RAPIDS — The Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation announces its second grant cycle for 2022 for local charitable nonprofits. Applications will be accepted through 4:30 p.m. July 1. Grants will be awarded to organizations that enhance the quality of life in Linn County.
The Community Foundation accepts applications from nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) status, governmental organizations, and non-501(c)(3) organizations that have completed arrangements to obtain a fiscal sponsor. Grant applications can be submitted online at www.gcrcf.org starting June 1.
For this grant cycle, applications will be accepted for the following grant programs:
• Program Support Grants: Support new, innovative programs and sustain current and/or ongoing programs. Grant awards are a maximum of $25,000 for a 12-month period or $50,000 for 24-month period. Award limits are based on organizational age and size.
• Organization Support Grants: Support general operating costs and capacity-building projects for nonprofits that impact the quality of life in Linn County. Grant opportunities are based on organization location, age, and size, with grant awards from $1,000 to $25,000.
• Endowment Challenge Grants: Support nonprofit organizations with a matching grant to help in their effort to support an endowment to create sustainable funding. Grant awards are $25,000 with five years to meet the match. Organizations that have been fully operational for seven years or longer are eligible.
• Competitive Donor-Advised Funds: Supports nonprofits that align with the funding priorities of the donor-advisors. The Community Foundation accepts grant applications for a number of local corporations and family foundations. The programs, grant award sizes, and activities to be funded are determined by each donor-advisor and may or may not include programmatic or operating support, capital campaigns, event sponsorships and religious activities. Applications are being accepted for the following competitive donor-advised funds:
— Altorfer, Inc.
— Bloomhall Family
— Diamond V
— Lil’ Drug Store Products
— World Class Industries
• Girls with Goals Fund: Supports nonprofit organizations working to empower girls ages K-8 in Iowa. Grant awards are up to $500 and are determined by the donor-advisor.
The Community Foundation continues to accept grant applications to its Disaster Recovery Fund as needed.
For more information on the Program Support Grants, please contact Sanjana Raghavan at (319) 200-2279 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Organization Support and Endowment Challenge Grants, please contact Rochelle Naylor at (319) 774-2373 or email@example.com.
For more information on the Competitive Donor-Advised Funds and Girls with Goals Fund, please contact Elizabeth Cwik at 319.774.2372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The foundation’s board of directors recently approved $4.8 million in grants to 226 nonprofit organizations. The awards include competitive Organizational Support Grants, Program Support Grants, and Linn County Grants; as well as distributions from donor-advised, designated, scholarship and agency funds.
In 2021, the Community Foundation distributed $12.6 million in grants.
The final grant application deadline for 2022 will be on Oct. 4. For more information on funding opportunities and deadlines, visit gcrcf.org.