116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
The Ely Public Library has developed a series of virtual events to challenge the Ely and surrounding communities to learn something new about mental health and how it impacts them, especially after the pandemic and derecho.
The events are free and open to the public, and will be held at 7 p.m. on select Thursdays. They are part of Libraries Transforming Communities, a project the Ely library has worked on with help from a grant from the American Library Association.
More information on the events in this series, including registration information, can be found at www.facebook.com/elylibrary.
Below is the schedule of topics (all events start at 7 p.m.):
• Thursday: An Evening with Kevin Hines
• April 22: Community discussion on suicide
• May 13: “Angst” movie screening
• May 27: Community discussion on teen/young adult mental health
• June 10: “Like” movie screening
• June 24: Community discussion on getting on track with work and school
• July 22: Community discussion on connecting with the community post COVID/derecho
• July 29: Ely Public Library mental health resources discussion