116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Cover letters: Useful or useless?
How cover letters can be used by job seekers to stand out
This week’s Careers & Coffee Podcast discusses how cover letters can help job seekers stand out to employers, and how to use creative touches to help them stand out. Cover letters were once a big deal when people were mailing resumes to employers. But are they still useful in digital form? Short answer: Yes.
Check out this podcast to learn an exercise to craft a winning cover letter for your next job application. Cover letters can help candidates stand out with HR professionals or managers. They can also be remixed into a LinkedIn profile or used as an introduction in an online application if there is an opportunity to add comments to the form.
- Avoid over-used openers, add some creativity or a personal touch to your cover letter.
- Think of one of your proudest moments or memorable achievements.
- Identify what you learned from that proud moment.
- Try to apply that to a potential role you are interested or how it would serve an employer to have you as an employee.
- Cover Letter Opening Line Examples
- View the latest jobs, get job alerts or build a resume on Corridor Careers
About Corridor Careers
Corridor Careers, Eastern Iowa’s leading jobs platform has been showcasing local job listings for over 20 years. Corridor Careers hosts job listings for Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, North Liberty, Coralville and surrounding areas of Eastern Iowa. Job seekers can sign up for job alerts, and search by category, job type or keyword. Find your job joy.