116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Five women working in the Corridor were named to the Iowa Restaurant Association’s statewide 40 Women to Watch in Hospitality list of honorees for 2022.
- Colleen Brennan, Bread Worthy Bakery, Iowa City
- Steph Mehman, Black Sheep Social Club, Cedar Rapids
- Kayleigh Phillips, Ohana Poke Shop, Marion
- LeShawn Smith, Shawnniecakes, Cedar Rapids
- Julie Stow, Cedar Rapids Tourism Office, Cedar Rapids.
“The honorees hail from nearly every segment and function in the industry — from purveyors and entrepreneurs, to chefs and business development professionals,” the association said in a news release Tuesday.
Food and Beverage Iowa Business Quarterly will have features on the honorees, and articles on them will be on the association’s website.
An awards ceremony is set for Nov. 14 at the Iowa Events Center during the Iowa Restaurant Association’s annual event.
“From entrepreneurs to restaurant owners, hoteliers to tourism professionals, and brewers to marketing specialists, these honorees are innovators, leaders, mentors and trend setters in our industry,” said Jessica Dunker, president and CEO of the association.