116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Home / Sports / Iowa Prep Sports / High School Basketball
IHSAA releases boys’ basketball postseason brackets for Class 1A and 2A
Top district seeds include North Linn, Ed-Co, Monticello and Mid-Prairie
CEDAR RAPIDS — The Iowa High School Athletic Association released official brackets for boys’ basketball Class 1A and 2A districts Friday afternoon.
All of the brackets in 1A and 2A can be found here.
Things of note:
· North Linn (18-1) is the top seed in 1A District 5, with Janesville (16-4) the second seed. Those schools host district quarterfinal doubleheaders Feb. 14, with North Linn hosting district semifinals Feb. 17. The district final is Feb. 22 at Jesup.
· Edgewood-Colesburg (16-3) is the No. 1 seed in corresponding 1A-6, with Wapsie Valley (13-3) the second seed. They are quarterfinal hosts, with Ed-Co the district semifinal host. The district final location has yet to be determined.
· Alburnett (13-5) and Lisbon (15-4) are No. 2 seeds in their respective districts (1A-7 and 1A-8). Gladbrook-Reinbeck (18-1) and Easton Valley (16-2) are the top seeds there, respectively. Center Point-Urbana and Maquoketa are the district final sites, respectively.
· In Class 2A, Monticello (16-2) and MFL MarMac (16-3) are the top two seeds in District 9. They host district semifinals Feb. 17, with the district final Feb. 22 at West Delaware. Williamsburg (16-2) and West Branch (10-8) are the 1-2 in corresponding District 10.
· Unbeaten Mid-Prairie (18-0) is the top seed in 2A-12, with Eldon Cardinal (13-7) second. The district final site is to be determined. The corresponding District 11 includes top two seeds Camanche (15-3) and Wilton (15-5).
Coaches in each district met via Zoom to determine seeds for each team, which led to the drawn pairings. Class 3A and 4A postseason brackets are expected to be released next Friday.
Comments: (319)-398-8258, firstname.lastname@example.org