116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Home / Tickets on sale for Rock the Block at NewBo City Market
CEDAR RAPIDS — The weather is getting warmer and people are itching to get out and socialize. NewBo City Market is ready.
The market is bringing back its 99 socially distant squares to its yard. Each square is 8 feet by 8 feet, spaced 6 feet apart, and will allow for individuals or families to safely experience market events that have attracted thousands of people each summer while supporting businesses in the area.
When: Every Friday starting May 28 through Sept. 28
Cost: $300 for a season ticket, guarantees a spot for a group of up to six people.
To purchase tickets, click here.
Season tickets are available through June 3 to purchase one of those squares.
When you reserve a $300 season ticket, you guarantee that your square will be available for you and your group of up to six people every Friday starting May 28 through Sept. 28 for the Rock the Block music series.
Weekly reservations for specific concerts also can be made for $20 per square on Eventbrite. The portal will close the Thursday before each concert.
This year, squares that have not been reserved are open to the public free of charge on the day of the concert.
- May 28 — The Full Circle Band
- June 11 — Casting Call
- June 18 — Bernemann Bros
- June 25 — Deja Blue
- July 2 — Kevin Burt with Big Medicine
- July 9 — Betty Calling
- July 23 — The Belle Rangers
- July 30 — Soul Sherpa
- Aug. 6 — Surf Zombies
- Aug. 13 — Birdchild
- Aug. 27 — Fresh Fighters
- Sept. 3 — Bamboozlers
- Sept. 17 — Cedar Junction
- CSPS Hall also will present four concerts this summer on June 4, July 16, Aug. 20 and Sept. 10.
- Meet Me at the Market will be held at 6 p.m. Thursdays starting June 3 through September. Meet in the market yard for free guided walks, runs, bike rides and yoga classes. No preregistration is required, and yoga squares are available on a first-come, first-served basis. These squares are 8 feet by 8 feet, spaced 6 feet apart, for one participant to use as they please.