Shirley Slaughter's 90th Birthday
Please join us in celebrating Shirley Slaughter's 90th birthday by stopping by her birthday open house on March 15 from 1 to 3 p.m. at Melrose Meadows, 350 Dublin Dr., Iowa City, IA.
Shirley was born March 11, 1930, daughter of Irene and Zeno Knebel, and raised in Riverside, IA. After her marriage to Eldon Slaughter, she settled in Lone Tree and raised six children. She retired from the University of Iowa and
became an active volunteer at the Johnson County Historical Society, the Crisis Center,
sewing blankets for Shelter House and, most
recently, making stuffed bunnies as fundraisers for the rescued animals at Mary's Farm Sanctuary. She has been a true inspiration and demonstration of how much our senior citizens contribute to the well-being of our local communities, and we hope all of you who know Shirley or have met her through her volunteering will stop by to give her birthday greetings in person.
Again, the date for the open house is March 15 from 1 to 3 p.m. at Melrose Meadows,
350 Dublin Dr., Iowa City, IA.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- IPERS trust fund buffeted by volatile investment market
- United States coronavirus death toll eclipses China’s as reinforcements head to NYC
- Two teens arrested after high-speed chase in Cedar Rapids, police say
- University of Iowa Pharmaceuticals makes hand sanitizer for UI hospitals
- How window art is allowing heart to heart connections in a time of social distancing
- Early Big Ten women's basketball predictions: Focus turns to Indiana, Ohio State in 2020-21