Allan and Vickie Nimmer will celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary on Jan. 11, 2020.
The couple was married at St. George Antiochian Orthodox Christian Church in Cedar Rapids, IA
on Jan. 11, 1970.
They have four grown children: Mark (Amanda), Matthew (Stacy), Katie (Irakli) and Lisa (Noel), along with eight grandchildren.
The couple is planning an event each month for the year 2020!
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Spencer Lee earns first-period tech fall, Iowa wrestling takes care of Nebraska
- Lisa Bluder: Wisconsin 'is ticked' and 'really tired of this' as Iowa seeks 21st straight win in series
- Hawkeyes men’s basketball team and its fans: It looks like love
- Meet the UI Writers’ Workshop grad whose novel is about to take over the world
- Photos: Iowa wrestling defeats Nebraska
- Jill Biden tries to close the deal for her husband, one tiny Iowa town at a time