Delores Colton, tireless and loving mother of six, grandmother of 19, great-grandmother of
nine, lifelong resident of Cedar Rapids, and Killian's Original Talking Christmas Tree(!), is turning 90! Come help her celebrate at her Birthday Party Open House on Saturday, Dec. 7 from 1 to
3 p.m. at Calvin Sinclair Church, 715 38th St. SE, Cedar Rapids.
Delores was married to her high school sweetheart, the late Russell Colton, for 68 years, and she's spent her life showering family and friends with endless affection and generosity, not to mention her keen insights, incredible cooking and understated comedic brilliance. Come wish her well and share a story or two you won't want to miss it (and if you do, believe us, she'll notice!)
Can't make the party? Send a card to 361 Indiandale Rd. SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52403.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa teens choose Andrew Yang as Dem presidential pick, followed by Bernie Sanders in straw poll
- ISU poll shows Bernie Sanders taking support from rivals
- Sydney Affolter, a wing from Chicago, commits to play women’s basketball at Iowa
- Cedar Rapids police: Suspect in armed robbery at Kennedy High School arrested
- University of Iowa to name Finkbine Golf Course clubhouse after local, rooted family
- Iowa high school basketball roundup: Gazette area scores, stats and more (Jan. 28, 2020)