3/22/74 - 10/2/09
It broke my heart to lose you,
But you did not go alone.
A part of me went with you
The day God called you home.
A million times I've thought of you,
A million times I've cried.
If loving could have saved you,
You would have never died.
Forgive me Lord, I'll always weep.
For my son I loved so much,
But yet I could not keep.
Sweet Dreams My Angel
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Gold Star dad: Assault on American values by ‘the incumbent’ is personal
- Here’s how you can win Jordan Bohannon’s shoes from the Iowa-Iowa State game
- Iowa women's basketball sets school shooting record in a rout of NCCU
- Photos: Iowa women's basketball vs. North Carolina Central
- Lisbon sets school record with team title at Mount Vernon Invitational
- In determining child custody, it’s important to know the legal terms