3/22/74 - 10/2/09
It broke my heart to lose you,
But you did not go alone.
A part of me went with you
The day God called you home.
A million times I've thought of you,
A million times I've cried.
If loving could have saved you,
You would have never died.
Forgive me Lord, I'll always weep.
For my son I loved so much,
But yet I could not keep.
Sweet Dreams My Angel
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- School board member regrets tweeting that Prairie High show choir performance was sexist
- Luka Garza worked on Joe Toussaint’s psyche before both worked over Rutgers
- CRST, Swift Transportation continue legal battle over alleged truck driver poaching
- Iowa men's basketball holds off late Rutgers rally for fourth-straight win
- Chew on This: Kathy’s Pies taking over Kettel House Bakery & Cafe
- Pier 1 Imports in Coralville to close