John Allen Wilson and JoAnn Edna (Steen)
Wilson of Cedar Rapids are celebrating 70 years of marriage. They were married at St. Mark's Lutheran Church on Sept. 11, 1949. They are the parents of two daughters, Janet (Brad) Merrick of Eldridge and Karen (Roy) Hesemann of Anamosa; the grandparents of David (Jennifer) Mosinski of Cedar Rapids, Jennifer (Christopher) Markham of Marion, Steven Merrick of Oakland, CA and Stephanie Merrick of Windsor, CO; and the great-grandparents of Makayla Markham of Marion. They celebrated with a family dinner on Saturday, Sept. 14.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa’s Backbone State Park gets $650K from Leona Helmsley’s trust. Yes, that Leona Helmsley.
- With a new-look lineup, Western Dubuque wrestling beats Iowa City High
- Photos: Iowa vs. Iowa State men’s basketball
- For the first time in years, less trash comes to the Iowa City Landfill
- Jurors hear 9-year-old’s call for help: ‘My mom stabbed my dad’
- Iowa vs. Iowa State men's basketball: Box score, highlights, live updates recap