God saw him getting tired
And a cure not to be
So He put his arms around him
And whispered, "Come with Me."
With tearful eyes we watched him
And saw him pass away.
Although we loved him dearly
We could not make him stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
Hard-working hands at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.
Happy Birthday, Davey!
Love you, miss you every day.
Mom, Dad, Marty, Jeff and Family
MORE In Remembrance ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Even without presidential candidates, Johnson County Democrats show up at barbecue fundraiser
- Operation Quickfind for Griffen Myers, 17, of Marion
- Photos from IHSMA’s Marching Band Festival at Kingston Stadium in Cedar Rapids
- Chauncey Golston has the solution to Iowa football’s problems
- Dems candidates address Mideast, impeachment at labor forum in Iowa
- Man rescued from Cedar River at Palisades-Kepler park Saturday