God saw him getting tired
And a cure not to be
So He put his arms around him
And whispered, "Come with Me."
With tearful eyes we watched him
And saw him pass away.
Although we loved him dearly
We could not make him stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
Hard-working hands at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.
Happy Birthday, Davey!
Love you, miss you every day.
Mom, Dad, Marty, Jeff and Family
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Gold Star dad: Assault on American values by ‘the incumbent’ is personal
- Here’s how you can win Jordan Bohannon’s shoes from the Iowa-Iowa State game
- Hawkeyes set school shooting record in a rout of NCCU
- College basketball: Iowa Hawkeyes defeat North Carolina Central Eagles
- Lisbon sets school record with team title at Mount Vernon Invitational
- In determining child custody, it’s important to know the legal terms