George and Margaret Colthurst of rural Ainsworth are celebrating 70 years of
marriage. George Raymond Colthurst and Margaret Ellen Wilson were married Sept. 4, 1949 at the First Congregational Church in Mason City, IA. The Rev. John Poole, George's great uncle, officiated; just as he had years earlier for the wedding ceremony of George's parents.
George and Margaret were blessed with five children, twins Janet and Joyce
(deceased), Jorjean (deceased), Ralph
"Andy" Colthurst of Washington and
Thomas Colthurst of Washington. George and Margaret have lived and farmed in Washington County for many years. George also worked in the insurance business,
retiring after 57 years.
The couple will celebrate their anniversary with their sons and family, Ralph "Andy" (Jolene) and Thomas (Pat), and grand-children and great-grandchildren. If you see this couple, please wish them a Happy 70th Anniversary! Your good wishes and cards are welcome, and will be enjoyed and appreciated.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- After surrendering an early TD, Western Dubuque’s defense turns it on in 3A championship game
- No ‘mansplaining’ necessary
- Western Dubuque downs Solon for Class 3A state football championship
- Photos: 3A Championship Solon Spartans vs. Western Dubuque Bobcats
- Giant Garza, jet Toussaint help Iowa roll to win over North Florida
- Execution for Iowa mass killer Dustin Honken on hold