George and Margaret Colthurst of rural Ainsworth are celebrating 70 years of
marriage. George Raymond Colthurst and Margaret Ellen Wilson were married Sept. 4, 1949 at the First Congregational Church in Mason City, IA. The Rev. John Poole, George's great uncle, officiated; just as he had years earlier for the wedding ceremony of George's parents.
George and Margaret were blessed with five children, twins Janet and Joyce
(deceased), Jorjean (deceased), Ralph
"Andy" Colthurst of Washington and
Thomas Colthurst of Washington. George and Margaret have lived and farmed in Washington County for many years. George also worked in the insurance business,
retiring after 57 years.
The couple will celebrate their anniversary with their sons and family, Ralph "Andy" (Jolene) and Thomas (Pat), and grand-children and great-grandchildren. If you see this couple, please wish them a Happy 70th Anniversary! Your good wishes and cards are welcome, and will be enjoyed and appreciated.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa, Iowa State say both marching bands ‘have been the target of unacceptable behavior’
- Oliver Martin’s playing time not a discussion topic for Iowa offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz
- An Iowa hog farmer said his wife fell on a corn rake. Now he’s on trial for her murder.
- IHSAA boys’ golf district at Hunters Ridge will be tough road to state
- Take a look inside the new Fleet Farm in Cedar Rapids
- Reynolds counters California ban on tax-funded trips to Iowa over gender surgery law