George and Margaret Colthurst of rural Ainsworth are celebrating 70 years of
marriage. George Raymond Colthurst and Margaret Ellen Wilson were married Sept. 4, 1949 at the First Congregational Church in Mason City, IA. The Rev. John Poole, George's great uncle, officiated; just as he had years earlier for the wedding ceremony of George's parents.
George and Margaret were blessed with five children, twins Janet and Joyce
(deceased), Jorjean (deceased), Ralph
"Andy" Colthurst of Washington and
Thomas Colthurst of Washington. George and Margaret have lived and farmed in Washington County for many years. George also worked in the insurance business,
retiring after 57 years.
The couple will celebrate their anniversary with their sons and family, Ralph "Andy" (Jolene) and Thomas (Pat), and grand-children and great-grandchildren. If you see this couple, please wish them a Happy 70th Anniversary! Your good wishes and cards are welcome, and will be enjoyed and appreciated.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids police seek help to identify suspects in several home invasions
- Former Iowa men’s basketball coach Todd Lickliter named head coach at Evansville
- Man faces vehicular homicide charges in hit-and-run wreck that killed one, seriously injured another
- Iowa high school basketball roundup: Gazette area scores, stats and more (Jan. 21, 2020)
- Devin Nunes’ family files $25 million lawsuit against reporter over Iowa dairy farm article
- Cedar Rapids Kennedy boys' basketball gets its top-5 win in overtime tussle