Larry and Linda Ficek celebrated 50 years of marriage on Feb. 8, 2019. They were married in Grinnell, IA, and eventually made their home in Center Point, IA.
They are parents to three children, Lawrence Ficek, Lori Langan and Lona Smart. They've been blessed with seven grandchildren, Amanda (deceased), Zach (deceased) and Logan, Dylan and Bradley, and Kyleigh and Alex.
An open house will be held on Saturday, July 6, at Alice United Methodist Church in Center Point from 1 to 3 p.m.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- ‘Meth. We’re on it,’ says South Dakota in ridiculed ad campaign that cost $449,000
- Watching ‘South Park’ while driving leads to arrest for Iowa City man
- Iowa’s path to Big Ten West success not getting smoother
- Iowa Hawkeyes enter the emotional zone of senior day and goodbyes
- Iowa high school girls' basketball 2019-20: The Gazette's preseason rankings
- Iowa football notebook: Can Tyler Goodson's success help Hawkeyes recruit Georgia more?