Jon and Mary Abel of Cedar Rapids, IA, announce the engagement of their daughter Elli Margaret Abel to Bradley Michael Cloyd, son of Jeffrey Cloyd of Ames, IA, and Brenda Weigel of Ames, IA.
Grandparents of the bride are Harry and Linda Miller of McGregor, IA, and Harry and Marlene Abel of Marquette, IA.
Grandparents of the groom are Neale and Shirley Cloyd of Ames, IA, and Larry and Lois Pedigo of Ames, IA.
The bride-to-be attended Iowa State University in Ames, IA, and graduated with a B.S. in mechanical engineering and B.S. in environmental studies. She is a mechanical engineer at Shive-Hattery Architecture & Engineering in Des Moines, IA.
Her fiance graduated from Iowa Culinary Institute at DMACC in Ankeny, IA. He is the owner and operator of The Funny Onion in Ames, IA.
A Sept. 28, 2019, wedding is planned in Prairie du Chien, WI.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Teresa Bair announces resignation as Linn-Mar volleyball coach
- Photos: Visual Recap Iowa 23, Minnesota 19
- Center Point needs more than $1 million in private fundraising to build new fire station
- Iowa tourism officials question RAGBRAI’s financial support of host towns
- Carson King warns teens of social media strength, both good and bad
- Fact Checker: Is Steve Bullock the only Democratic presidential candidate to have won in a Trump state?