Ed Eichler Sr. and Carleeta (Chadima) married June 5, 1952 at St. Wenceslaus Church, Cedar Rapids, while Ed was home on leave from the Marine Corps, based at Camp Pendleton, CA.
The couple then returned to Oceanside, CA. They have three children, Chris (Terry) Christiansen, Ed Jr. (Jeanne) and Bruce (Kaye), nine grandchildren (one deceased), five great-grandchildren, one great-great-grandchild, two stepgrandchildren and five stepgreat-grandchildren.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- City High graduate killed in bus crash in Canada
- 11-year-old boy hit by car; Iowa City driver left without contacting parents or law enforcement, police say
- Cedar Rapids native Michael Janssen leads Hawkeye Marching Band in style
- Iowa high school football rankings: Showdowns abound this week in Class 4A
- Iowa City man arrested after gas station robbery
- Murder trial delay likely in cold case of Michelle Martinko