Ed Eichler Sr. and Carleeta (Chadima) married June 5, 1952 at St. Wenceslaus Church, Cedar Rapids, while Ed was home on leave from the Marine Corps, based at Camp Pendleton, CA.
The couple then returned to Oceanside, CA. They have three children, Chris (Terry) Christiansen, Ed Jr. (Jeanne) and Bruce (Kaye), nine grandchildren (one deceased), five great-grandchildren, one great-great-grandchild, two stepgrandchildren and five stepgreat-grandchildren.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- 14-year-old girl facing felony charges after Cedar Rapids police nab her in stolen vehicle
- Safety violations found after attacks at Independence Mental Health Institute
- Iowa men's basketball bedeviled by DePaul in 93-78 rout
- Girls' basketball: Preseason Gazette area Super 10
- Fact Checker: Math doesn’t quite add up for Andrew Yang’s Amazon.com Iowa claim
- Hlas: Xavier Foster big for Iowa State, big loss for Iowa