Ed Eichler Sr. and Carleeta (Chadima) married June 5, 1952 at St. Wenceslaus Church, Cedar Rapids, while Ed was home on leave from the Marine Corps, based at Camp Pendleton, CA.
The couple then returned to Oceanside, CA. They have three children, Chris (Terry) Christiansen, Ed Jr. (Jeanne) and Bruce (Kaye), nine grandchildren (one deceased), five great-grandchildren, one great-great-grandchild, two stepgrandchildren and five stepgreat-grandchildren.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- C.R. Police: Man armed with Taser kicked in door, attacked woman
- Foxhoven spoke with U.S. inspector general, state auditor about his resignation from Iowa DHS
- Johnson County Jail inmate found with heroin
- Cedar Rapids woman says naked neighbor forced his way into her apartment
- Iowa City High’s comeback falls short against Pleasant Valley in substate baseball semifinals
- Iowa’s Tom Miller: Data breach ‘astonishing’; Equifax to pay up to $700 million