Dan and Marilyn (Hempy) Lambertsen of Martelle were married May 28, 1969 in Mount Vernon and celebrated 50 years in February with a family vacation. Their family includes Shaun, Valerie, Ivan, Dean, Eli and Charlie Lambertsen of Martelle; Tim, Betsy, Gavin, Drake and Arabella Lambertsen of Waukee; Emily, Josh, Wyatt and Anna Minnie of Iowa City; and Mary Carol Lambertsen of Anamosa.
During their first year of marriage, Dan was
stationed in DaNang, Vietnam. Marilyn was a Home Economist for now-Alliant Energy. They lived in several locations before returning to the family farm near Martelle. Dan is a "retired" farmer and Marilyn retired from Grant Wood Area Education Agency. They are grateful for wonderful family and treasured friendships.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Stat Pak: The Hawkeyes’ art of staying with it
- Over 2,000 fetal remains found at ex-abortion doctor’s home in Illinois
- Coe records big win over Cornell in rare Sunday game
- Cedar Rapids man robbed 3 at gunpoint Friday, police said
- For Hawkeyes, a lot added up to 1-point win in Cy-Hawk Game
- A summer of shootings in Burlington