Dan and Marilyn (Hempy) Lambertsen of Martelle were married May 28, 1969 in Mount Vernon and celebrated 50 years in February with a family vacation. Their family includes Shaun, Valerie, Ivan, Dean, Eli and Charlie Lambertsen of Martelle; Tim, Betsy, Gavin, Drake and Arabella Lambertsen of Waukee; Emily, Josh, Wyatt and Anna Minnie of Iowa City; and Mary Carol Lambertsen of Anamosa.
During their first year of marriage, Dan was
stationed in DaNang, Vietnam. Marilyn was a Home Economist for now-Alliant Energy. They lived in several locations before returning to the family farm near Martelle. Dan is a "retired" farmer and Marilyn retired from Grant Wood Area Education Agency. They are grateful for wonderful family and treasured friendships.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Man accused of killing Mollie Tibbetts wants to delay upcoming hearing and trial
- For Iowa, the Oliver Martin transfer was a quick, no-brainer
- Iowa volleyball coach Bond Shymansky fired for giving student-athlete ‘impermissible benefit’
- Jay Inslee’s 2020 plan: Become president, save the planet
- Iowa football schedule 2019: Early look at opponents, point spread predictions and more
- No playoff pressure in 2nd half. Cedar Rapids Kernels will focus on continuing individual improvement