Dan and Marilyn (Hempy) Lambertsen of Martelle were married May 28, 1969 in Mount Vernon and celebrated 50 years in February with a family vacation. Their family includes Shaun, Valerie, Ivan, Dean, Eli and Charlie Lambertsen of Martelle; Tim, Betsy, Gavin, Drake and Arabella Lambertsen of Waukee; Emily, Josh, Wyatt and Anna Minnie of Iowa City; and Mary Carol Lambertsen of Anamosa.
During their first year of marriage, Dan was
stationed in DaNang, Vietnam. Marilyn was a Home Economist for now-Alliant Energy. They lived in several locations before returning to the family farm near Martelle. Dan is a "retired" farmer and Marilyn retired from Grant Wood Area Education Agency. They are grateful for wonderful family and treasured friendships.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Teresa Bair announces resignation as Linn-Mar volleyball coach
- Photos: Visual Recap Iowa 23, Minnesota 19
- Center Point needs more than $1 million in private fundraising to build new fire station
- Iowa tourism officials question RAGBRAI’s financial support of host towns
- Carson King warns teens of social media strength, both good and bad
- Fact Checker: Is Steve Bullock the only Democratic presidential candidate to have won in a Trump state?