Alec H. Matzat, a member of the Boy Scout Troop #8, has earned the honor of Eagle Scout, the highest rank that the Scouts BSA offers.
Alec, 18, of Kennedy High School, achieved the 21 merit badges required to receive the Eagle Scout award. He earned more than 30 total and earned the rank of Eagle with a Gold Palm. He's also an Order of the Arrow member. Alec did his September 2018 project at Oakhill Cemetery in southeast Cedar Rapids. They mapped a portion of the cemetery and updated location
information. Twenty members of Troop 8
A ceremony honoring Alec will take place on June 1 at 2 p.m. at Our Savior's Lutheran Church, 3634 First Ave. NE, Cedar Rapids, IA.
All are welcome to attend.
MORE Job Well Done ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- For Iowa, the Oliver Martin transfer was a quick, no-brainer
- Man accused of killing Mollie Tibbetts wants to delay upcoming hearing and trial
- Iowa volleyball coach Bond Shymansky fired for giving student-athlete ‘impermissible benefit’
- Jay Inslee’s 2020 plan: Become president, save the planet
- Iowa football schedule 2019: Early look at opponents, point spread predictions and more
- Iowa Corrections looking for Cedar Rapids work release escapee, robbery convict