Alec H. Matzat, a member of the Boy Scout Troop #8, has earned the honor of Eagle Scout, the highest rank that the Scouts BSA offers.
Alec, 18, of Kennedy High School, achieved the 21 merit badges required to receive the Eagle Scout award. He earned more than 30 total and earned the rank of Eagle with a Gold Palm. He's also an Order of the Arrow member. Alec did his September 2018 project at Oakhill Cemetery in southeast Cedar Rapids. They mapped a portion of the cemetery and updated location
information. Twenty members of Troop 8
A ceremony honoring Alec will take place on June 1 at 2 p.m. at Our Savior's Lutheran Church, 3634 First Ave. NE, Cedar Rapids, IA.
All are welcome to attend.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- 14-year-old girl facing felony charges after Cedar Rapids police nab her in stolen vehicle
- Safety violations found after attacks at Independence Mental Health Institute
- Iowa men's basketball bedeviled by DePaul in 93-78 rout
- Girls' basketball: Preseason Gazette area Super 10
- Fact Checker: Math doesn’t quite add up for Andrew Yang’s Amazon.com Iowa claim
- Hlas: Xavier Foster big for Iowa State, big loss for Iowa