Laura Huisinga and Glenn Terpstra are pleased to announce their engagement and upcoming wedding. Laura is the
daughter of Wesley and Lisa Huisinga of Cedar Rapids, IA. She is a 2006 graduate of Xavier Catholic High School. She
received her BFA in Art and Design from the University of Northern Iowa in 2010. She went on to Iowa State University and received her MFA in Graphic Design in 2016 and her Ph.D. in Human Computer
Interaction in 2017.
Glenn is the son of Gordon and Ann Marie Terpstra of Bloomington, MN and Ruth Terpstra and Annie Groleau of Woodbury, MN. He is a 2006 graduate of Kennedy High School in Bloomington, MN. He went on to receive his BFA in photography from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire in 2012 and his MFA in Integrated Visual Arts from Iowa State University in 2016.
Laura currently is an assistant professor
of Interaction and Multi Media Design at
California State University at Fresno, where Glenn is an instructor of Art and Design.
A July 20th wedding is planned.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football preseason rankings: Western Dubuque, Waukon start No. 1 in 3A, 2A
- Hiawatha woman accused of stealing $70,000 from employer
- At sentencing, sex abuse victim says Iowa City man ‘tormented and obliterated’ her
- 4 Downs with Iowa’s special teams: The Hawkeyes will probably spring some ‘trickeration’
- Ethanol waivers ‘clear violation’ of commitments to farmers: Gov. Reynolds, Ag Sec. Naig
- Waukon football's expectations run higher after state semifinal trip