Louie and Shirley Wendling will celebrate their 50th Anniversary on April 19. Louie and Shirley Ferreter were married April 19, 1969 at St. John Church in Independence, IA. They have four
children, Joey Wendling (deceased), Richard
(Lisa) Wendling of Independence, Kayleen Hornbrook (Aaron) of Ankeny, IA and Barbara Wendling of Independence. They have four grandchildren, Karter, Sawyer and Jorgie Wendling and Shawn Hornbrook. Louie retired from farming in 2008 and Shirley retired in 2016 from Bankers Advertising Company. The family will celebrate at Timmerman's Supper Club in East Dubuque.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids Washington grad A.J. Puk gets the call to the major leagues
- Remains of missing Cedar Rapids man found in Colorado
- Biden edges Warren in Iowa State Fair straw poll
- Leader of ‘Field of Schemes’ organic fraud sentenced to 10 years
- Iowa football position preview: How the coordinator and quarterback deal goes at Iowa
- I-380 ramp at I-80 to be closed nightly until next week