Louie and Shirley Wendling will celebrate their 50th Anniversary on April 19. Louie and Shirley Ferreter were married April 19, 1969 at St. John Church in Independence, IA. They have four
children, Joey Wendling (deceased), Richard
(Lisa) Wendling of Independence, Kayleen Hornbrook (Aaron) of Ankeny, IA and Barbara Wendling of Independence. They have four grandchildren, Karter, Sawyer and Jorgie Wendling and Shawn Hornbrook. Louie retired from farming in 2008 and Shirley retired in 2016 from Bankers Advertising Company. The family will celebrate at Timmerman's Supper Club in East Dubuque.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Legalized sports betting passes Iowa Senate
- Be Kind, Rewind: New Cedar Rapids bar is a tribute to the 1980s
- 2019-20 enrollments of Iowa high schools
- Passenger who was seriously injured in Tuesday wreck on First Avenue died at hospital, police say
- In a world of spread offenses, Iowa remains an old school bastion
- Iowa House votes to add fee for electric vehicle registration