18th Birthday Gage!
Gage Gabriel Jackson
Feb. 25, 2001 Oct. 1, 2006
It has been more than 12 years since you died so unexpectedly, and not a day goes by when I don't think of you, Gage. I can't believe that we'd be celebrating your 18th birthday this year! I miss the sound of your voice, your happy laughter, your hugs. What would you be doing if you were alive right now? I can only guess the activities you'd be involved in, the classes you'd be taking, the friends you'd be spending time with.
Though I am grateful for the five years you had on earth with us, I would give anything for more time. One more day, even. When I miss you, I like to imagine that you are in the stars somewhere. Far away, but still here with us.
I love you and miss you,
Mom (and Dad, Claire, Liv, and Vaughn)
MORE In Remembrance ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids Washington grad A.J. Puk gets the call to the major leagues
- Remains of missing Cedar Rapids man found in Colorado
- Biden edges Warren in Iowa State Fair straw poll
- Leader of ‘Field of Schemes’ organic fraud sentenced to 10 years
- Iowa football position preview: How the coordinator and quarterback deal goes at Iowa
- Recently embarked presidential candidate Joe Sestak waging campaign to secure Iowa ‘beachhead’