18th Birthday Gage!
Gage Gabriel Jackson
Feb. 25, 2001 Oct. 1, 2006
It has been more than 12 years since you died so unexpectedly, and not a day goes by when I don't think of you, Gage. I can't believe that we'd be celebrating your 18th birthday this year! I miss the sound of your voice, your happy laughter, your hugs. What would you be doing if you were alive right now? I can only guess the activities you'd be involved in, the classes you'd be taking, the friends you'd be spending time with.
Though I am grateful for the five years you had on earth with us, I would give anything for more time. One more day, even. When I miss you, I like to imagine that you are in the stars somewhere. Far away, but still here with us.
I love you and miss you,
Mom (and Dad, Claire, Liv, and Vaughn)
MORE In Remembrance ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Patrick McCaffery, DJ Carton among players in Wednesday’s Eastern Iowa All-Star Games
- Reality, schmeality: This is the time for Hawkeyes to chase the NFL dream
- No. 11-seed Missouri State eliminates Iowa State from NCAA Tournament
- Jason Pershing steps down as boys’ basketball coach at Solon
- Taco John’s to open in Hiawatha in May
- U.S. Senate Republican Lindsey Graham wants a special counsel to investigate Trump probe