Their 60th Wedding Anniversary
Roger and Beverly Smith of Monticello, IA will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary with a family celebration at a later date.
Roger, of Hopkinton, IA and Beverly, of Benedict, NE were married in a candlelight ceremony Feb. 15, 1959 at First Methodist Church in Lincoln, NE. They are the parents of Brenda (Steve) Lindell of Marion, IA, Teresa (Michael) Bader of Monticello, IA, Renee (Corey) Miles of Cedar Rapids, IA and the late Steven Smith.
Grandchildren are Tyler Lindell (Kristan Morrissey) of Marion, Amanda Lindell of West Des Moines, IA, Lauren and Steven Bader of Monticello and Bronson, Dylan and Gavin Miles of
Cedar Rapids. Great-grandchild is Bryce Lindell.
Roger served four years in the Air Force in Lincoln and Beverly worked at State Farm Insurance in Lincoln. They farmed in the past 60 years in the Hopkinton, Alburnett and Monticello areas. They have wintered the last 24 years in Florida. Anniversary wishes may be sent to:
Roger and Beverly Smith
202 Monticello Rd., Monticello, IA 52310
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Minnesota guard Lauren Jensen picks Iowa women's basketball
- Iowa Hawkeyes avoided spoilers after NCAA Tournament bracket was leaked
- Iowa football recruiting 2019: Offensive line reload
- Iowa is No. 2-seed in NCAA women's basketball tournament, hosts Mercer in first round
- Marion man convicted of sexually assaulting 15-year-old girl
- Kansas City company to buy Iowa Premium