50-Year Wedding Anniversary
Phil Hanna and Marilyn Bell were united in
marriage on Dec. 28, 1968 at Springville United Methodist Church by the bride's grandfather, Rev. Clyde Scott. The couple have called
Monticello home since 1974. Phil practiced
veterinary medicine at the Monticello Veterinary Clinic for 40 years. Marilyn is a homemaker and retired RN, spending most of her career at St. Luke's Hospital as an OR nurse. The Hannas have four children, Jay (Stephanie) Hanna, Joni (Tom) Knopp, Jill (Kevin) Weber and Jackie
(Tony) Schmit. They also are blessed with 11 grandchildren, Regan, Luke, Wyatt, Eian,
Ellison, Kole, Bryant, Lane, Brynn, Eliana and Brayden. The family plans to celebrate this
special day by cheering on their ISU Cyclones with an Alamo Bowl watching party and taking a family vacation at a later date.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Steve Krafcisin finds joy in unexpected place
- Illinois schooled by old-school Luka Garza and Iowa
- Iowa high school boys' basketball rankings: Lots of postponements, not a lot of movement
- Research: Large number of CAFOs in Western Iowa increases nitrate in streams
- MLK Day speaker, granddaughter of Percy and Lileah Harris, encourages hard conversations
- Iowa 21st, Iowa State 25th in men’s basketball coaches poll