Mike and Joni Scanlan of Sterling, IL, announce the engagement of their daughter, Kelsey Scanlan, of Cape Coral, FL, to Parker Valdez, of Cape Coral, FL, the son of Perry and Kim Valdez, of Cedar Rapids, IA. The bride-elect is a graduate of Sterling High School, the University of Iowa and Western Illinois University. She is employed as a speech pathologist at Shell Point in Fort Myers, FL. Her fiance is a graduate of Linn-Mar High School and the University of Iowa. He is employed as Chief Financial Officer of The Boat House, Cape Coral, FL. The couple are planning a Dec. 8, 2018, wedding at
Celebration Farm, Iowa City, IA.
MORE Engagements ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Biden edges Warren in Iowa State Fair straw poll
- UnityPoint and Sanford deal reflects national trend
- From Kinnick to Kernels, attendance decreases hit teams in Eastern Iowa
- UNI football updates: QB competition progresses, defensive backs emerging
- Crop duster hit power lines, tree before deadly crash in Sumner
- Remains of missing Cedar Rapids man found in Colorado