The family of Augustine and Carol Perez are thrilled to announce their 60th wedding
anniversary. Augie married the former Carol Bates on Nov. 15, 1958, in Cedar Rapids at the Jane Boyd Community House, just three days before Augie joined the Army.
The accomplishment they are most proud of is the loving family they have created. It now includes four children, Kelly (Mike), Perry (Kristi), Gary (JoAnn) and Augie (Lisa);
10 grandchildren, Jennifer (Drew), Christopher (Tracy), Shannon (Gary), Ashley (Matt), Hillary (Tim), Tara (Jairo), Samantha (Aryegh), Leah (Josh), Andrea (Brian) and Marita; and
16 great-grandchildren, Christian, Nicholas, Ethan, Colin, Cayden, Eliana, Bailey, Eden, Timmy, Isabella, Keegan, Ashlynn, Arabella, Lucas, Jace and Micaela.
If you ask them what they love most about their lives, Augie and Carol will answer that
every Sunday this loving family gets together for lunch and to catch up. It is the best day of the week!
We love you! Thanks for being such great role models! We look forward to many more years of love and happiness!
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Panera Bread, Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers coming to downtown Iowa City
- Judges pepper attorneys with questions about University of Iowa Children’s Hospital
- Iowa strength coach Chris Doyle: Don’t sleep on sleep
- Ashton Stoner-DeGroot helps C.R. Prairie pin Iowa City High
- This young woman doesn’t’ want to be afraid
- Bomb threats to businesses in Cedar Rapids, nationwide not credible, police say