Wayne was born Nov. 6, 1928 in a little white frame house on the banks of the Arkansas River in Wichita, KS. He graduated from Wichita High School East in 1946. After graduation, he joined the Navy and served for 20 years. He then worked for Collins Radio Company in Cedar
Rapids for 21 years.
Wayne will be celebrating his birthday with his wife of 67 years, Noma, and family members at a dinner in Amana.
Cards may be sent to:
2120 17th Ave.
Marion, IA 52302
MORE Days to Remember ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Wisconsin offered Foxconn more than Virginia, N.Y. for Amazon
- Epenesa-a-lanche: Iowa's A.J. Epenesa put a season into 2 minutes against Illinois
- Iowa football at Illinois: Final score, highlights, postgame coverage
- No. 15 Texas 24, No. 16 Iowa State 10: Cyclones eliminated from Big 12 championship contention
- TIME MACHINE: The Walk & Shiloh
- Hawkeyes find oasis amid the rubble of Illinois