The Family of B.J. Cook wants to express our gratitude for the overwhelming amount of sympathy and support we received at the time of his passing. Thanks to everyone who sent cards, called us, donated food and money, and stopped by to visit. We appreciated it all. Thanks! Special thanks goes to the staff at St. Luke's Intensive Care Unit, who worked so hard to save him. You were there for us! Thanks to the Iowa Honor Guard and the firefighters who came from all across Iowa to pay
respect to our son. The Vinton Fire Department's equipment lineup and ladder truck flag was awesome! Thanks, that was a great tribute. A huge thank-you goes to Greg Rogers for conducting the memorial service. Greg grew up with our boys and drove here from Troy, MO, to do this for us. Thanks, Greg. And thank you to the
Phillips Funeral Home owners and staff who helped us through this difficult time. Thanks Mike! Last, we must thank the women and men of the Urbana Polk
Township Fire Department, who worked so hard to make B.J.'s Celebration of Life so special. The online video is great. It makes us all realize how much we will miss his
jovial smile and silly laugh.
MORE Thank Yous ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Mount Vernon outlasts Benton in 5
- Linn-Mar teacher sexually abused teen, parents’ lawsuit alleges
- Prairie girls chase history Thursday
- Wood smoke, spice rubs and smiles Veteran opens Smoke’n BBQ Pitts in NewBo City Market
- C.R. RoughRiders give up too many goals again in 5-2 loss to Dubuque
- Police: Vinton man and Cedar Rapids woman arrested following early morning chase