Lucille J. Otis was born Oct. 5, 1918 in Woodburn, IA. Graduating from high school at 16, she attended teacher's college at the height of the Great Depression, obtaining a
degree in two years. She taught in a one-room school near Osceola, IA, until her marriage to Harold B. Otis in 1938. During WWII, she worked for Burlington Instrument Co. assembling radio equipment. While raising a family with Harold, she worked for Sears at Lindale,
retiring as a division manager after nearly 20 years. Her children, Cynthia Otis Charlton and Brian (Diane) Otis, 4 grandkids and 9 great-grandkids invite birthday cards for her c/o Brian Otis, 3439 Hoosier Creek Rd. NE, Solon, IA 52333, as she greets her next century!
MORE Days to Remember ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Police: Vinton man and Cedar Rapids woman arrested following early morning chase
- Wood smoke, spice rubs and smiles Veteran opens Smoke’n BBQ Pitts in NewBo City Market
- Cedar Rapids Prairie girls' cross country team chases history Thursday
- New medical marijuana products in Iowa: What will they cost and how strong will they be?
- With coach on medical leave, inspired Mount Vernon wins regional volleyball opener
- Czech Cottage keeps roots in Czech Village, Czech Republic