Allen and Marilyn Wehr Platner will celebrate
50 years of marriage on Saturday, Sept. 15, from 2 - 4 p.m. with an open house at the Alburnett Historical Society.
They exchanged marriage vows Sept. 7, 1968, at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Sigourney and have been blessed with three children and spouses, Chris (Angie), Susan (Mark) and Mike (Billie), five grandchildren, four stepgrandchildren and three stepgreat-grandchildren.
No gifts please. Your presence is gift enough.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- C.R. looks to redesign its city flag after it is dubbed one of the ‘worst’ in the nation
- No beating the buzzer this time for Hawkeyes
- Man found shot in vehicle near Franklin Middle School
- Dyersville Beckman wins the tempo battle, but North Linn wins the game
- She was ‘on a mission’ for ranch dressing. Not even Kirsten Gillibrand’s campaign event could stop her.
- The ABCs of C’mon Already: Will this trying winter ever end?