Dr. and Mrs. Carlton B. Lake will celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary on Aug. 22. They exchanged vows on Aug. 22, 1953 at Holy Trinity Church in Luxemburg, IA. Wilma's first cousin, Fr. Herb Tegeler, married the couple during his first wedding mass as a newly ordained priest. The Lakes honeymooned along the shore of Lake Superior and returned to Iowa City where Carlton finished his medical school training. The couple settled in Cedar Rapids where Dr. Lake practiced Family Medicine until he retired in 1995. Their loving marriage is an inspiration to all who know them. The Lakes will celebrate this impressive milestone with their five children and their families.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa basketball rallies for overtime win over Indiana
- One spot for every three children: The child care shortage of Iowa Falls hurts workforce growth
- Iowa men's basketball vs. Indiana: Final score, stats, highlights
- 3 things to know about this weekend’s winter blast
- Body found in burning vehicle in rural Johnson County
- Whitey’s closes in Coral Ridge