Dr. and Mrs. Carlton B. Lake will celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary on Aug. 22. They exchanged vows on Aug. 22, 1953 at Holy Trinity Church in Luxemburg, IA. Wilma's first cousin, Fr. Herb Tegeler, married the couple during his first wedding mass as a newly ordained priest. The Lakes honeymooned along the shore of Lake Superior and returned to Iowa City where Carlton finished his medical school training. The couple settled in Cedar Rapids where Dr. Lake practiced Family Medicine until he retired in 1995. Their loving marriage is an inspiration to all who know them. The Lakes will celebrate this impressive milestone with their five children and their families.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Highway 100 nearing completion in Cedar Rapids
- Stat Pak: Iowa isn’t bad, it’s just that Wisconsin is that much better
- River still expected to hit major flood stage Tuesday
- Potential 2020 Democratic contenders test caucus messages
- Granddaughter of woman who founded Catholic Worker movement to visit Eastern Iowa
- Against Wisconsin, Iowa coulda, shoulda, didn’t