Violette De La Mater Kucera is turning 100.
A lifelong resident of Cedar Rapids until 2008, she currently lives with her daughter and son-in-law, Pat and Steve Robinson, in Davenport. She was married to Joe C. Kucera for 70 years.
She is active in family affairs with her two
grandchildren, Joe Robinson of Cedar Rapids and Sarah (Gregg) Lind, and great-grandchildren, Stuart and Alice Lind of Clinton.
Vi invites her neighbors and friends from the Turner Microphone Company, Wilson Employees Credit Union, Malta Chapter OES and St. Paul's United Methodist Church to celebrate with her on Saturday, Aug. 25, from 3 to 6 p.m. at Wapsi Willy's, 3 miles directly south of DeWitt. The Slough Buoys will be playing.
Cards are encouraged and may be sent to:
Children's Discovery Center
332 Eighth Ave. S, Clinton, IA 52732
MORE Days to Remember ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Parents urge man who killed their son in Greene Square dispute to change his life
- Tesla lawyer exits two months after start
- Panel adds another $10M to University of Iowa Children’s Hospital bill
- Girls’ basketball all-conference selections
- Iowa City running low on salt
- Iowa’s youngest legislators form Future Caucus