Violette De La Mater Kucera is turning 100.
A lifelong resident of Cedar Rapids until 2008, she currently lives with her daughter and son-in-law, Pat and Steve Robinson, in Davenport. She was married to Joe C. Kucera for 70 years.
She is active in family affairs with her two
grandchildren, Joe Robinson of Cedar Rapids and Sarah (Gregg) Lind, and great-grandchildren, Stuart and Alice Lind of Clinton.
Vi invites her neighbors and friends from the Turner Microphone Company, Wilson Employees Credit Union, Malta Chapter OES and St. Paul's United Methodist Church to celebrate with her on Saturday, Aug. 25, from 3 to 6 p.m. at Wapsi Willy's, 3 miles directly south of DeWitt. The Slough Buoys will be playing.
Cards are encouraged and may be sent to:
Children's Discovery Center
332 Eighth Ave. S, Clinton, IA 52732
MORE Days to Remember ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Stat Pak: Iowa isn’t bad, it’s just that Wisconsin is that much better
- Against Wisconsin, Iowa coulda, shoulda, didn’t
- Newstrack: Customer service ramps up at Linn County Treasurer’s Office
- China uses Iowa newspaper supplement to bring trade war to the heartland
- Wisconsin 28, Iowa 17: Second-and-5 and left the door open
- Capitol Ideas: Tom Steyer comes to Iowa, talks impeachment