Carrie Schuettpelz and Matthew Weitzel were united in marriage July 14, 2018 at St. Andrew Presbyterian Church in Iowa City. A reception
followed at the Kinnick Stadium Press Box.
Carrie is the daughter of Carl and Dawn Schuettpelz of Cedar Rapids. Matthew is the son of Richard and Rose Weitzel of Mundelein, IL. Carrie graduated from the University of Iowa and holds master's degrees in public policy from Harvard University and creative writing from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She is currently on faculty in the Rhetoric Department at the University of Iowa. Matthew graduated from the University of Iowa and is the Associate Director of Athletic Communications at the University of Iowa.The newlyweds honeymooned in Park City, UT, and reside in Iowa City.
MORE Weddings ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa defensive line: A.J. Epenesa wears his heart on his shoulder
- Cedar Rapids’ indoor football franchise solicits fan submissions for new team name, logo, colors
- Iowa offensive line: Tristan Wirfs is not afraid to throw down
- Cedar Rapids woman smoked marijuana before fatal crash, authorities say
- Prestige Dance Studio debuts Marion venue
- Girls’ swimming 2018: Area swimmers and teams to watch