Sam and Shirley Shannon will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary on Aug. 8. Sam and Shirley were married at St. James Methodist Church on Aug. 8, 1958. A family celebration will take place later this summer.
They were blessed with two children, Tracy, Nashville, TN, and Sam Don, Atlanta, GA; and one granddaughter, Cameron Cox.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- Iowa City rolls out larger recycling carts, continues composting, single-stream programs
- One dead after Friday apartment fire
- Procedure speeds healing in multiple rib fracture
- Tyrell Gordon wins UNI debut, but Panthers fall to Cornell Big Red
- Capitol Ideas: Criminal justice reform a big win for Grassley