Sam and Shirley Shannon will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary on Aug. 8. Sam and Shirley were married at St. James Methodist Church on Aug. 8, 1958. A family celebration will take place later this summer.
They were blessed with two children, Tracy, Nashville, TN, and Sam Don, Atlanta, GA; and one granddaughter, Cameron Cox.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Jake Wilson search: Father Mike Wilson arrested for assault following news conference
- Preseason Iowa high school football rankings: Defending champion Xavier leads the pack in 3A
- Johnson County elections: Early voting schedules and candidate forums
- Officials: Jake Wilson's remains likely found by kayakers in Wolf Creek
- UI Labor Center: 'This is not by any stretch over'
- Union authorizes strike at Rockwell Collins