Mel and Carolyn Holubar of Marion celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary early with a July cruise to Alaska. Our entire family will celebrate at 8 a.m. Mass at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Marion.
The former Carolyn Locher and Melvin Holubar exchanged marriage vows on Aug. 16, 1958 at St. Joseph's Church in Dubuque with the late Monsignor Martin officiating.
The couple's children are Ronald and Mary Holubar of Solon, Candace and Mark Ifflander of Coppell, TX, Bonnie Holubar of Marion, Kathleen and Oscar Sanchez of Marion, and Robert and Jennifer Holubar of Timnath, CO.
Their grandchildren are Courtney, Tom, Ashley, Kylie and Elly Holubar, Ryan Ifflander, Colton, Ariana and Brandon Sanchez, and Sarah, Emily, Hannah and Elizabeth Holubar. They have one great-granddaughter, Ellyn Mroz.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Behind Tyler Andrews, Cedar Rapids Kennedy boys' basketball upends 3A No. 10 Xavier
- Iowa high school basketball roundup: Dec. 18 area scores, stats and more
- She swiped her co-worker’s Coke can. Police say it cracked a 28-year-old murder case.
- Signature win moves Cedar Rapids Washington girls' basketball to 7-0
- Living up to expectations: Iowa basketball tames Catamounts, 78-60
- Maquoketa slugs out win over West Delaware in battle of 2nd, 3rd-ranked teams in Class 3A