Mel and Carolyn Holubar of Marion celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary early with a July cruise to Alaska. Our entire family will celebrate at 8 a.m. Mass at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Marion.
The former Carolyn Locher and Melvin Holubar exchanged marriage vows on Aug. 16, 1958 at St. Joseph's Church in Dubuque with the late Monsignor Martin officiating.
The couple's children are Ronald and Mary Holubar of Solon, Candace and Mark Ifflander of Coppell, TX, Bonnie Holubar of Marion, Kathleen and Oscar Sanchez of Marion, and Robert and Jennifer Holubar of Timnath, CO.
Their grandchildren are Courtney, Tom, Ashley, Kylie and Elly Holubar, Ryan Ifflander, Colton, Ariana and Brandon Sanchez, and Sarah, Emily, Hannah and Elizabeth Holubar. They have one great-granddaughter, Ellyn Mroz.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- ‘We need help’: After brawl at apartment complex, residents plead to Cedar Rapids officials
- Mollie Tibbetts search: Investigators highlight five possible points of interest
- Police investigating after SUV struck a 14-year-old boy and drove away
- Video of officer shooting Burlington mother must be public, judge rules
- Iowa City High has enthusiasm necessary for bounce-back season
- Marion man convicted of trafficking large quantities of meth