3/17/1942 - 8/14/2017
"There's a very special garden
Where the trees of memory grow
Nurtured by the kindness
And concern that good friends show.
The roots are cherished memories
Of good times in the past.
The branches tender promises
that souls endure and last.
It's a place of peace and beauty
Where bright new hopes can start
Its memory's lovely garden
That soothes the hurting heart"
Today, tomorrow and forever I will always love you and miss you. My memories of you warmly make each day worth living.
MORE In Remembrance ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- 4 fraternities out at University of Iowa
- Panera Bread, Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers coming to downtown Iowa City
- Iowa vs. UNI men's basketball: The end is nigh
- University of Iowa fraternity ordered pledges into alcohol-fueled ‘gauntlet’
- Iowa strength coach Chris Doyle: Don’t sleep on sleep
- Judges pepper attorneys with questions about University of Iowa Children’s Hospital