Sam and Shirley Shannon will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary on Aug. 8. Sam and Shirley were married at St. James Methodist Church on Aug. 8, 1958. A family celebration will take place later this summer.
They were blessed with two children, Tracy, Nashville, TN, and Dan, Atlanta, GA, and one granddaughter, Cameron Cox.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Mollie Tibbetts’ father heading back home to California
- Iowa high school football 2018: Area district predictions
- Ames could be nation’s economic harbinger
- Four more arrested in connection with Cedar Valley Townhomes brawl, bringing total to eight
- Iowa quarterbacks: Is Nate Stanley a first-round NFL draft pick?
- Iowa City man shoots himself, ultimately arrested for felony gun possession