Sam and Shirley Shannon will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary on Aug. 8. Sam and Shirley were married at St. James Methodist Church on Aug. 8, 1958. A family celebration will take place later this summer.
They were blessed with two children, Tracy, Nashville, TN, and Dan, Atlanta, GA, and one granddaughter, Cameron Cox.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- As government shutdown looms, Sen. Joni Ernst not backing down on ‘Make ’em Squeal’ campaign
- Armed robbery suspect arrested after brief standoff
- Iowa high school boys' basketball rankings: A new No. 1 in Class 2A
- Two men arrested after shooting at Cedar Rapids apartment building
- 3 state executives leaving Kim Reynolds’ new administration
- Iowa City schools closing Roosevelt education center