Steven R. Strain passed away suddenly on
Dec. 21, 2017. Steven was born to Norman and Ruth Strain in 1952 in Cedar Rapids.
Steven was a Marine for 17 years and fought in Desert Storm. He also worked for the cities of Cedar Rapids and Chelsea.
He leaves behind his wife, Barbara, of 33 years; three daughters; eight grandkids; two brothers and two sisters.
A Celebration of Life will be held on June 16, 2018, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Bever Park at the Red Oak Pavilion.
MORE In Remembrance ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa defensive line: A.J. Epenesa wears his heart on his shoulder
- Cedar Rapids’ indoor football franchise solicits fan submissions for new team name, logo, colors
- Iowa offensive line: Tristan Wirfs is not afraid to throw down
- Prestige Dance Studio debuts Marion venue
- Cedar Rapids woman smoked marijuana before fatal crash, authorities say
- Girls’ swimming 2018: Area swimmers and teams to watch