Steven R. Strain passed away suddenly on
Dec. 21, 2017. Steven was born to Norman and Ruth Strain in 1952 in Cedar Rapids.
Steven was a Marine for 17 years and fought in Desert Storm. He also worked for the cities of Cedar Rapids and Chelsea.
He leaves behind his wife, Barbara, of 33 years; three daughters; eight grandkids; two brothers and two sisters.
A Celebration of Life will be held on June 16, 2018, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Bever Park at the Red Oak Pavilion.
MORE In Remembrance ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Rainbow Trout come to town tempting anglers
- West Delaware opens eyes with impressive Battle of Waterloo showing
- Too much Tyler Cook (and Hawkeyes) spoils the broth for UNI
- Potential trash turns out to be theater treasure
- “Tight end” is Iowa’s must-see reality show
- Can’t say Nate Boulton didn’t warn us