For 34 years, Vicki has been challenging
traditional teaching methods, finding creative ways to spark a love of learning in her junior high and high school students. Her passion for education has led her to conferences around the country, to be appointed to the board for the Iowa Council of Teachers of Mathematics, and receive thousands of dollars in grants toward math education and North Cedar Robotics.
Her hard work and commitment to making a
difference has encouraged countless students to pursue higher education and find the joy in learning mathematics. Congratulations on your well-deserved retirement, Mrs. Hamdorf!
MORE Job Well Done ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa City West boys’ basketball fills in, shows up and shows out at Wells Fargo Advisors Shootout
- Heart over height: Cedar Rapids Jefferson overcomes huge size disadvantage to beat Oskaloosa
- Interactive: University of Iowa coaches fly where?
- Tom Brady and Drew Brees battled Iowa Hawkeyes last century
- 87 wrestlers compete in Iowa’s first girls’ state tournament: ‘This is a great opportunity’
- “Pushover” Illinois team visiting Iowa pushed back hard in its last game