Central City Kathleen (Kate) DeSotel will celebrate her 90th birthday on Saturday, April 28, 2018 at the Falcon Civic Center in Central City, IA from 2-5 p.m. Family and friends are invited to celebrate with Kate. Shhh ... it is a SURPRISE PARTY!
Kate was born April 25, 1928 to Ernest and Ada Paul. She was one of 10 children. Kate married Robert (Bob) DeSotel (b.1925 - d.2000) on June 17, 1945. They were married 54 years. They loved their farm in Central City that Kate has lived on for 62 years.
Kate and Bob were blessed with six children: Linda (died as an infant), Shirley (Linc) Champagne of CT, Rosemary Jenkins of FL, John (b.1951-d.2006)
(Susan) DeSotel, Kay (Brad) Clark of AZ, and Mike (Tonda) DeSotel of Central City, IA. Kate has 12
grandchildren, 24 great-grandchildren, and several stepgreat-grandchildren.
Kate's greatest love was being a wife and mother. She enjoys crafts, playing the organ, horse racing,
fishing, cooking and spending time with her family.
Besides doing farm work, Kate also retired from
Collins Radio after 29 years. Kate is a member of the Alice Methodist church.
To help her celebrate her 90th birthday,
cards (no gifts) may be sent to her at:
5298 Railview Rd., Central City, IA 52214
MORE Days to Remember ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- UTC leases executive offices in Florida, but Collins Aerospace HQ not yet determined
- Next for Iowa basketball: A talented 7-foot-2 Duck
- Cedar Rapids homeless brave bitter temperatures as emergency shelter has yet to open
- Iowa’s Steve King dared conservative outlet to release audio of him calling immigrants ‘dirt.’ It did.
- A slightly warmer winter is coming, but ‘snow storms and cold spells’ still likely
- Iowa House Democrats look for new leader