John and Sandy (Merritt) Lewis were married June 7, 1968 at the Walker United Church. They were blessed with two sons, Jeremy (Erin) and Darren (Erica). They also have been blessed with six grandchildren, Morgan, Bronx, Jeter, Gehrig, Sutton and Hampton.
They are celebrating on April 8 at their church, Calvary Baptist, 5338 Johnson Ave. SW, Cedar Rapids. Friends and family are welcome to join them from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.
They also are planning a late summer trip.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Photos: Tornado rips through downtown Marshalltown
- Tornadoes cause injuries, severe damage in central Iowa
- Medicaid dental benefits cap delayed
- Crews work to get Marshalltown back on its feet after tornado
- Search continues for missing UI Student, last seen in Brooklyn, IA
- Man identified who was found in Iowa River