On Nov. 19, 1967, Norm McElwain and Carolyn Orr were united in marriage at the First United
Methodist Church in Mediapolis, IA. Norm is the son of the late Chris and Jo McElwain of Keokuk, and Carolyn is the daughter of the late Sam and Helen Orr of Mediapolis. They first resided in West Liberty, and then moved to Cedar Rapids in 1970. Norm has been a Juvenile Court Officer for the State of Iowa for 48 years. Carolyn was an elementary school teacher for over 30 years, retiring from St. Ludmila's Catholic School in 2010. The couple has two daughters, Laura of Cedar Rapids, and Maureen (Scott) Wetnight of Fenton, MI. They also have two beautiful granddaughters, Amelia and Delaney Wetnight. A family celebration in Fenton is planned.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- More than 2,000 naloxone kits distributed in Iowa
- Police investigating Sunday night shooting that injured bystander
- University of Iowa president in top quarter of public higher education pay
- Siblings with University of Iowa ties may face deportation
- Iowa high school state softball: Monday's schedule, scores, live updates
- Dirty 'W': Jake Rudock, Iowa defense pull Hawkeyes out of the pit of ultimate darkness