Leon G. and Vera F. Mehring were married on
Oct. 20, 1945 at St. Peters Catholic Church in Rushden, England. They have been blessed with six children: the late Stephen Patrick Mehring, the late James Mehring (Wilma), David Mehring (Pam), Stephen B. Mehring (Melissa), Leon P. Mehring (Vicki), and Denise Vander Sanden (Jerry). They
also have been blessed with 13 grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren, and one great-great-grandson. They are celebrating this special day with a Mass and family dinner.
"To be one's last love is beyond perfect!"
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids man tried to set vehicle on fire at Five Seasons Parkade, police say
- Mike Zadick responds after dismissal from Iowa State wrestling staff
- Mollie Tibbetts search: Investigators launch website to seek more information on missing Iowa student
- Mollie Tibbetts: Watch Live at 3 p.m. as investigators give updates regarding case
- When Iowa football turned the corner
- EPA chief does little to calm Iowa farmers’ fears