March 22, 1974 October 2, 2009
No farewell words were spoken,
No time to say goodbye.
You were gone before we knew it,
And only God knows why.
Our hearts still ache in sadness,
And secret tears still flow.
What it meant to to lose you,
No one will ever know
MORE In Remembrance ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football 2018: Area district predictions
- Teens, local artist debut ‘Coexist’ mural
- Marion Police chief discusses his strategic five-year plan for the police department
- Prep volleyball 2018: Area players to watch
- Time Machine: Mildred Pelzer, a student of Grant Wood
- Financial literacy? Not all Iowa students in a hurry to learn money skills