Samantha Heitland and Oscar Brophy were married August 19, 2017 at Rotary
Reserve in Cedar Falls, IA, with Calvin Brophy, brother of the groom, officiating. A reception at the same location followed. The maid of honor and bridesmaid were the couple's friends: Jordan and Allie Arp. The best man and groomsman were also friends of the couple: Kyle Meadows and Daryk Ruggles.
The bride is the daughter of Shawn and Amy Heitland of Aplington. Her grand-parents are Ron and Kathie Karsjens of Austinville and her great-grandmother is Mary Henze of Grundy Center. Samantha graduated from the University of Northern Iowa with a bachelor's degree in History. She is a lead preschool teacher in Cedar Falls, IA.
The groom is the son of Craig and Joyce Brophy of Cedar Rapids. His grandparents are Dale and Joanne Wilken of Cedar
Rapids and Jerry and Carol Brophy of Ames. Oscar graduated from University of Iowa College of Engineering with a bache-
lor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
He is employed as a Design Engineer at EIP Manufacturing in Earlville, IA.
After their honeymoon in Jamaica, the
couple is residing in Independence, IA.
MORE Weddings ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- ‘We need help’: After brawl at apartment complex, residents plead to Cedar Rapids officials
- Mollie Tibbetts search: Investigators highlight five possible points of interest
- Police investigating after SUV struck a 14-year-old boy and drove away
- Former nurse convicted of stealing pain meds from patients
- Iowa City High has enthusiasm necessary for bounce-back season
- Hubbell hears concerns on mental health care