Don, a '51 graduate of Wilson High School, and D.Ann, the former Delores Ann Carpenter of Earlville, Delaware County, were married on
Sept. 20, 1957. They now reside in Utah's Salt Lake valley.
They are celebrating with a driving tour of the old historic "Route 66" from Santa Monica, CA to
Chicago, checking out all the ghost towns,
abandoned "filling stations" and motels bypassed by our modern highways, and reliving Steinbeck's "Grapes of Wrath."
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Oatmeal, breakfast foods contain unsafe amounts of weed killer
- Creative architect behind ‘newbo evolve’ fired
- Preseason Iowa high school football rankings: Defending champion Xavier leads the pack in 3A
- Crisp Cedar Rapids opens in NewBo City Market
- Brawl instigated by outsiders, residents of SW Cedar Rapids apartment complex say
- The greatest comeback in Iowa football history