LuVerne and the former Rosemary Buelow were married on Sept. 16, 1967, at St. Andrew's
Lutheran Church, Van Horne.
They have been blessed with two daughters, Tracy Curtis, Atkins, and Kim Jaster, Cedar Rapids; and three grandchildren, Kyle Jaster, Ashton Curtis and Riley Curtis.
Their wish is to hear from family and friends with a card shower and a short memory of past years knowing them. Wishes may be sent to 420 First St., Atkins, IA 52206.
All cards will be cherished by the couple.
MORE Anniversaries ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids man tried to set vehicle on fire at Five Seasons Parkade, police say
- Mike Zadick responds after dismissal from Iowa State wrestling staff
- Mollie Tibbetts search: Investigators launch website to seek more information on missing Iowa student
- Mollie Tibbetts: Watch Live at 3 p.m. as investigators give updates regarding case
- Woman arrested after hitting officer with beer bottle in Iowa City, police say
- 105 and sharp as a tack